Pages

Friday 24 July 2015

My Amazing Holiday (Recount Writing)

On a dreadful Saturday Morning I was really excited for my Game against the Manurewa Transformers at Mt Richmond Park at 11:15am.


I play for the Under 12 Otahuhu Leopards, I’ve been playing for Otahuhu since I was 4 (7 years).  My team has been unbeaten in 13 games and only conceding 6 tries.


During our Pre Game warm up the weather was starting to rumble but eventually the weather started to settle down and started to clear up for my game.   Finally my game had kicked off, we were playing in a muddy field which had pools of muddy water.


It was Tackle 4 in the first set of the game and I got the ball and decided to hit a gap to try and break through the tackle but unfortunately I got tackled in the mud.   Going into the first defensive set/tackle for my team I got kicked in the mouth which was really sore and unfortunately I had to go onto the bench for the rest of the first half until the second half had started. Finally the first half had finished because I urgently wanted to get back on the field, my team had a convincing lead after the first half.  I went straight back on when the Second Half had started and was subbed in at Second Row.  Finally I had my first hitup of the Second Half where they had kicked it off and I had caught the ball and fended 2 or 3 players, ran down the sideline and cut back into play then got tackle on tackle 1.


During the last 10 minutes of the second half I had the chance to score a try close to the line because before I had got the ball broke through several tackles and was about 5 metres close to the line but sadly I got tackled.  Following on when I got tackled I played the ball then the hooker (My friend Andrew) got the ball from dummy half and quickly gathered it up and scored an easy try.

Finally the game had finished because it was really cold and we were all really muddy. After the game a me and a couple of my teammates went in the changing rooms and washed all of the mud then all went back home to have a nice hot shower. Overall my team had defeated the Manurewa Transformers 38-0 for our 13th win of the season.


No comments:

Post a Comment