Pages

Monday 11 July 2016

Activity 1- Day 3 Weekly Activities...(Holiday Blogging)

Learn: Visit the website for the 2016 Rio Olympics. Click on the name of the one of the sports that is listed on the main page. If possible, choose one that you have never heard of before and read about it. After reading about the sport, post a short description of it on your blog. The post must include:


  1. The name of the sport
  2. The aim of the sport
  3. Two rules for the sport


1. Name of the Sport: Basketball

Image result for fiba basketball2. The Aim of the Sport: The Aim of Basketball is to shoot the ball into the opposite hoop and try to score more points than the opposition. The team with the most points at the end of 4 quarters is the winner and if it's a tie at the end of regulation you will play at least 6 mins of overtime.

Image result for fiba basketball nz3. Two Rules for the Sport: 1. Once you have stopped dribbling the ball you can only take 2 steps to enable yourself to score. 2. When you have already held the ball in 2 hands and you are standing you can't dribble the ball again so you can only use your pivot foot to move away or pass the ball to your team mate (your pivot foot is the foot you keep still while you are moving the other one around).


Why I chose Basketball?
Image result for fiba basketball nzI chose Basketball because I don't have any knowledge about Basketball in the Olympics and because I really enjoy it. I am a huge NBA Fan and wanted to learn about FIBA Basketball (Olympic Basketball)

6 comments:

  1. Nice work patrick Keep it going and also love the basket ball photos at the side really stands out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks.. Appreciate it!! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Pat (and Lusia),

    I completely agree with Lusia. This is a fabulous post! I love all of the pictures that you've included and I particularly like the amount of information that you have shared. You did a really good job with this activity, Pat.

    As a basketball fan (and former competitive player) I am also really happy to see that you chose basketball. It is one of my all-time favourite sports! It was very popular in my town growing up and almost everyone played ball - boys and girls. I think that it was so popular because I am actually from the town in Canada where the inventor of basketball (Dr. James Naismith) was born. He went on to invent the game when he was working in the United States of America but he was Canadian by birth. We actually have a James Naismith museum in our little town and the Hall of Fame for basketball can be found there, too. It's pretty cool!

    Keep up the great work, Pat. You're doing really well!

    Cheers, Rachel

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks, I still have a dream of going to an NBA Game possibly a Cleveland Cavaliers game because I'm a huge fan of the Cavs.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ah, you're a Cavs fan. Good choice! I used to be a Raptors fan when I was much younger because it was the only NBA team that was based in Canada (where I grew up) but they had so many 'off' seasons in a row that I stopped watching them as closely. Ironically, they had a really great year this year but I missed most of it because I don't have Sky TV and the regular TV channels don't usually show NBA sport.

    I will keep my fingers crossed that they start showing more NBA games on our regular TV and we can both watch the Cavs and the Raptors play!

    Cheers, Rachel

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks, Toronto had a record breaking season, they came second in the eastern conference.

    ReplyDelete