Pages

Wednesday 13 July 2016

Activity 1- Day 7 Weekly Activities...(Holiday Blogging)

Learn: At the moment the most famous para-cycling team in New Zealand is comprised of two female athletes – Emma Foy and Laura Thompson. Emma is blind but Laura is not. Together they work as an amazing team. Imagine that you were asked to compete in a tandem cycling event and you had to choose one person to compete with. Who would it be? On your blog, tell us who you would compete with and why. If it was me, I would choose my son, Aronui because he’s pretty fast and very funny. He would make me laugh as we biked along and would be very supportive and encouraging! I know that I could trust him to be a good teammate. Who would you choose?


My Decision:

Image result for nz cyclists paralympicImage result for microfiber clothing cyclingI would chose my Dad because he has very strong legs and his very strong legs will help us go faster and faster with the help of myself as well. The Bikes you ride in the Paralympics and Olympics are really light. If we were to compete we would wear a lot of microfiber clothing which would make us feel light and it would be easier to pedal.

1 comment:

  1. You have made a really important point here Pat. Thanks for raising the idea of microfibre clothing. It is exactly what the athletes wear when they are competing. It looks like it would be slightly uncomfortable but, I'm sure, that you would get used to it over time.

    It sounds like your dad would be a great teammate for this event. You will need his strength, particularly when you are climbing up huge hills. Speaking of hill climbing, have you seen any of the footage of the huge cycling race on TV called 'Tour de France?' It is the largest international cycling event in the world and runs for three weeks every July. The competitors literally have to bike up and down huge mountains, including the Pyrenees. For more information about this race, please follow the link below:

    http://www.letour.com/us/

    I used to live in Switzerland and when I was there I actually watched the race live. It was the most amazing spectacle that I have ever seen!

    Keep up the great work with your blogging :)

    Cheers, Rachel

    ReplyDelete